Who Would Save You?

The Lounge is where people can spend time getting to know each other and share interests unrelated to Anne McCaffrey. It's also where "Newbies" can get up to speed with the Kitchen Table culture.
McCarron2

Re: Who Would Save You?

Post by McCarron2 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:28 pm

I enjoyed watching the wedding. Tuned in about the time the Queen arrived and then saw the rest. Enjoyed the shots of castle. Visited there on my 25th anniversary trip to England. Also watched with horror the fire. Of course, the flower were not in the Chapel but remember the rest of it pretty well. So glad the weather and everything and body cooperated. I image the American Bishop shook a lot of people up who had never been involved or seen that type of sermon. AT least the people in the chapel didn't respond like they would in his church with Amens and so forth.

Vyon

Post by Vyon » Mon May 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Most of the congregation looked as if they didn't know what had hit them, English Anglicans aren't used to half-hour-long firebrand sermons. The people outside seemed to enjoy it. Our vicar was inspired by it and quoted a large section in her sermon the following morning.
I watched the faces, and the ear-talk from the horses during the parade.

granath

Post by granath » Wed May 23, 2018 2:43 pm

I really enjoyed the Royal Wedding. I bet the bride and groom got just the wedding they wanted. It's a shame her father couldn't be there, but at the same time, I thought it was really fitting that she should walk up the aisle alone. After all, she's 36 with an established career she gave up to marry her prince and she has a failed marriage behind her, she's not some 18 year old virgin getting married out of her father's house. That said, I thought it was very moving when the Prince of Wales accompanied her half the way. I really liked the fact that it was less formal than most royal weddings and that Meghan's heritage was so much on show, as well as her feminism (she didn't promise to obey him and they were pronounced husband and wife rather than man and wife). That gospel choir was amazing, as was the young cellist.

But the best thing about the wedding was that the bride and groom really love each other. It showed in the way they held hands during the entire ceremony and the loving looks they exchanged.

I also admit that I think it's rather cool that the Queen's personal spritual adviser is a black (Brit of African descent?) woman.
Do, or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Decaf coffee is an oxymoron. Instant coffee is an abomination. Give me the real thing and nobody gets hurt. :twisted:

granath

Post by granath » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:43 am

Cormoran Strike, I've been watching C.B. Strike on HBO.
Decaf coffee is an oxymoron. Instant coffee is an abomination. Give me the real thing and nobody gets hurt. :twisted:

Mausey
AMCF Host

Post by Mausey » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:04 am

The CTV Evening news crew. :D
A room without books is as a body without a soul - Cicero

granath

Post by granath » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:29 am

Father Michael Kerrigan. If you haven't seen it, Sean Bean is absolutely awesome in Broken, a 6 episode miniseries set in a poor Catholic parish in the North of England. Broken is very intense, though.

Mausey
AMCF Host

Post by Mausey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Oh dear, I am in so much trouble, I have to rely on politicians to save me. :shock: Something happened to our cable feed and we have the House of Commons debating on every channel. :roll:

Vyon

Post by Vyon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Good luck with that! Our pollys spend more time sniping at each other than really trying to help each other, even when they want to.

Kosh

Post by Kosh » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:28 pm

Mausey wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:54 pm
Oh dear, I am in so much trouble, I have to rely on politicians to save me. :shock: Something happened to our cable feed and we have the House of Commons debating on every channel. :roll:
It used to be that a cable company here in the US would shut your service off for non payment, but the customers didn't pay up for quite a while. So instead they started locking the service of those people onto CSPAN and the delinquent customers would pay up quite quickly.

Are you sure you've paid your bill? LOL!

Mausey
AMCF Host

Post by Mausey » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:39 pm

:laugh: yes we're paid up. They had a technical glitch, one of many in the past several months. Channels have gone missing or changed spots, times are off and the tv channel guide has completely disappeared. It's almost like they want you to change providers.