Clan Fiend

The Lounge is where people can spend time getting to know each other and share interests unrelated to Anne McCaffrey. It's also where "Newbies" can get up to speed with the Kitchen Table culture.
SpaceCowboy
AMCF Host

Re: Clan Fiend

Post by SpaceCowboy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:20 pm

I believe I've mentioned that I have arthritic knees to the point that the right one is almost locked. Well a little over a year ago I finally reached the point I needed to pick up a walking stick/cane. I picked a nice 55 inch medium hardwood walking stick since I didn't like any cane that I had access to. About a month ago I noticed the rubber tip was worn completely smooth and cracking up one side. Took a couple of weeks but I finally found one that will fit the unusual size of the end. Three quarters of an inch was to small and a full inch was to big. Received the two pack today and got it changed out. As I was looking over the old one I noticed something strange and grabbed one of our metal folding chairs. I had to laugh when I realized the tip off of my walking stick was actually the rubber tip for a metal folding chair.
I believe anybody who tells you he is unbiased is a liar. Being human gives you bias, and you can't avoid that. The best you can ever hope to be is fair."
-David Poole

McCarron2

Post by McCarron2 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:46 pm

It makes you wonder how many things you miss, because you really don't look at it. You look at it but really don't see it. Guess artists who paint, etc., have the ability to always see what they are looking at. LOL Deep thoughts!! LOL

SpaceCowboy
AMCF Host

Post by SpaceCowboy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:14 pm

I had always realized it wasn't a typical cane/walking stick tip but had never had a chance to really look at it. Once I did it was obvious checking it against a chair leg what it really was.
McCarron2 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:46 pm
It makes you wonder how many things you miss, because you really don't look at it. You look at it but really don't see it. Guess artists who paint, etc., have the ability to always see what they are looking at. LOL Deep thoughts!! LOL
I believe anybody who tells you he is unbiased is a liar. Being human gives you bias, and you can't avoid that. The best you can ever hope to be is fair."
-David Poole

Mausey
AMCF Host

Post by Mausey » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:29 pm

And I bet the "specialty" tip was a lot more expensive than a package of ones for the chair. :lol:

We had an excellent Halloween here, no active cases anywhere near us meant the kidlets were out. We had about 77 kids and what was really nice was that many of the parents also dressed up. it was warm enough that none of the kids had to wear winter clothes so we could admire the costumes. Only 1 was in any way pandemic related and that was the giant roll of toilet paper :lol: I know I'm going to spell it incorrectly but the most imaginative costume I saw was a sea anenome. So much for phonetic spelling. *shrugs* She was covered with the long skinny balloons they use to make the animals and it was really a good costume.

A room without books is as a body without a soul - Cicero

SpaceCowboy
AMCF Host

Post by SpaceCowboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:56 pm

A pack of 2 cane tips is about the same as a 4 pack of chair tips so just about double. If I had realized what it really was to begin with I might have gone looking for them from the start.

Would love to see a picture of the anemone.

Mausey wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:29 pm
And I bet the "specialty" tip was a lot more expensive than a package of ones for the chair. :lol:

We had an excellent Halloween here, no active cases anywhere near us meant the kidlets were out. We had about 77 kids and what was really nice was that many of the parents also dressed up. it was warm enough that none of the kids had to wear winter clothes so we could admire the costumes. Only 1 was in any way pandemic related and that was the giant roll of toilet paper :lol: I know I'm going to spell it incorrectly but the most imaginative costume I saw was a sea anenome. So much for phonetic spelling. *shrugs* She was covered with the long skinny balloons they use to make the animals and it was really a good costume.

-David Poole

Mausey
AMCF Host

Post by Mausey » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:35 pm

Finally, more of the roundhouse roof is leak free. Cost a lot and we needed a loan but we can safely move things out of the event section for storage. We have one hole in the wall closed in and another waiting for the fire doors. All the emergency lights are done and our awesome electrician is working on getting some of the original lights working as well. We can hardly wait to see what they look like with new led bulbs working. 8-)

Mausey
AMCF Host

Post by Mausey » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Is anybody interested in exchanging Christmas cards? If you'd like a card from the frozen wilds of Alberta, just send me a message with your address. :D