When did you last...

A place to discuss all things related to the books of Anne McCaffrey. Please see sub forums for further book discussions.
Simon
Site Admin

When did you last...

Post by Simon » Sat May 06, 2017 10:34 pm

...read an Anne McCaffrey book?

Being as the books of Anne were what brought this little community together, I reckon we should start at least one thread pertaining to her books.

I don't read them as much as I used to, but I probably revisit at least one of her series' at least once a year. I think the last ones I picked up were some of the Brainship books. I don't read as much as I used to any more, but as these ones work well as stand-alone titles, they are comforting to go back to every now and then.

The last full series I read was probably the Crystal Singer trilogy.

Whenever I do pick up one of Anne's books it is usually when I want a bit of comfort and familiarity in my life because the outside world is getting on top of me a little. Re-reading her books is like putting on your favorite jumper and curling up on the sofa for a winters afternoon - not particularly productive, but it makes you feel better!
Cheers

Simon!

granath

Re: When did you last...

Post by granath » Sun May 07, 2017 12:54 pm

About a year ago. I usually revisit the Talent books about every two years or so.
Do, or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Decaf coffee is an oxymoron. Instant coffee is an abomination. Give me the real thing and nobody gets hurt. :twisted:

SpaceCowboy
AMCF Host

Post by SpaceCowboy » Mon May 08, 2017 2:04 am

Within the last year. I reread the "Crystal Singer" books and the "Freedom" series.
I believe anybody who tells you he is unbiased is a liar. Being human gives you bias, and you can't avoid that. The best you can ever hope to be is fair."
-David Poole

Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss » Mon May 08, 2017 6:28 pm

(Hides head in shame)

Several years it must be said! :o
But, in my defence, I don't read that often, or fast when I do (beng dyslexic is a PITA!) and at the moment I'm wading through some books about the Potteries in bygone days, so reading time is exclucively placed in "the Midlands" ATM! :D

Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon » Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Bagpuss wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:28 pm
(Hides head in shame)

Several years it must be said! :o
But, in my defence, I don't read that often, or fast when I do (beng dyslexic is a PITA!) and at the moment I'm wading through some books about the Potteries in bygone days, so reading time is exclucively placed in "the Midlands" ATM! :D
Don't feel too bad... I go through phases. I'm barely reading anything at the moment.
Cheers

Simon!

Cherlyn

Post by Cherlyn » Tue May 09, 2017 1:46 am

A few months since I last read one... I have 3 books going right now and I just got one done 'Writer in the Sky' by Piers Anthony. I'm re-reading 'The Sapphire Rose' by David Eddings and I have a 'Winds of Fate' by Mercedes Lackey going too.
Cherlyn, Grey-headed wonder!
Chocaholic, Cheesaholic, Junque-aholic, Pugged Packrat extraordinaire!

Mausey
AMCF Host

Post by Mausey » Tue May 09, 2017 4:20 am

Sad to say it's been a couple years. :oops: I may pick one up and skim a chapter or two but haven't read one cover to cover.
A room without books is as a body without a soul - Cicero

CrochetLady

Post by CrochetLady » Tue May 09, 2017 7:31 pm

It's been awhile! Probably years, since I last read Anne McCaffrey. First, I have to find the books. They are safely stacked somewhere inside my garage, and have been there since my late husband and I moved to Sacramento, CA about 7 years ago! Thought I would be moving my books in and his CD collection out of the house about 2 years ago, when he died, but it has not yet come about. I'm still in grief recovery mode, so it may yet be awhile. And I am not up to date on how Todd and his brother and sister are doing, and what writing they've been up to. I know Todd has done some things, since our dear Annie Mac left to join the MasterHarper, and I thought his sister had written a children's book, but other than that, no clue. I've truly been "out of touch" for awhile! :shock:

Keruval

Post by Keruval » Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 pm

I had not read any for some years but a few months back realised I had never finished 'Nobody noticed the cat, so a fairly recent read for me.
About to recommend AMc to a 13yr old, so will have to refresh my memory on the best ones to start her off.

dragon fan

Post by dragon fan » Tue May 09, 2017 9:52 pm

Didn't actually read it, but Listened to The Smallest Dragonboy about a week ago.
"Some people feel the Rain, Most just get wet"