Dragon's Code

A place to discuss all things related to the books of Anne McCaffrey. Please see sub forums for further book discussions.
Vyon

Dragon's Code

Post by Vyon » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:50 am

I ordered Dragon's Code. It remains to be seen how long it takes to get here from England, since neither of my local bookshops had any intention of getting it in, or even ordering it for me.

R'zil

Re: Dragon's Code

Post by R'zil » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:26 pm

I'll be anxious to hear what you think about it. I'm going to wait till I hear a few reviews. I paid premium pricing for "Skies of Pern", ordering it as a hardcover shipped from England because it wasn't going to be released here for another month and I was disappointed so I'm going to be patient this time.
"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Vyon

Post by Vyon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:49 am

The bookshops weren't going to order it but the public library did. It was still being processed when I went in, so now I've got it ordered two ways.

The reviews I've seen elsewhere look promising.

R'zil

Post by R'zil » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:43 am

Ha! That's so funny! So much for me being patient, it's never been my long suit. I saw it on Amazon and ordered it but then I realized I could get the digital version from Barnes and Noble for my Nook pretty cheap. I ordered it and it's downloading now so I'v'e done pretty much the same thing you did. I have a lot of projects lined up for the weekend (I just moved about a month ago) but I will make some time to start it.
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

dragon fan

Post by dragon fan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 am

A Good read, much more like Anne, than Todd. ( Thanks for this) Todd forces the story, This is a rather good first venture into PERN, I hope She continues to write more PERN. Did have to chuckle about the runner beast description.
"Some people feel the Rain, Most just get wet"

R'zil

Post by R'zil » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:20 pm

dragon fan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 am
A Good read, much more like Anne, than Todd. ( Thanks for this) Todd forces the story, This is a rather good first venture into PERN, I hope She continues to write more PERN. Did have to chuckle about the runner beast description.
I agree with everything you said. I really enjoyed it. She did stay Canon and that is important to me. At the description of stupid my first thought was "Well that makes perfect sense" but I did have to laugh.I do think Gigi stayed a little safe here, she told a story we knew but she told it from a completely different viewpoint. We did also meet a few new characters though they are secondary characters. I do hope she will continue and expand the world of Pern for us. If Gigi ever lurks on the forums like her mother did occasionally I would like her to know that I will definitely buy the next book and look forward to it.
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

BD1

Post by BD1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:35 pm

I read it awhile back. it was okay. :shrugs: